Saturday, August 18, 2012

Who Do You Love

I have to laugh.  Used to be when we'd crawl into bed at night Reno would say to me first "Good night sweetheart, I love you".  There has been a change in that.  Of late, when he comes to bed I hear him whispering sweet nothings to Layla first, and then, if he thinks of it me. 


I'm not mad, or even jealous, just amused. She is pretty cute, you know.   I like to think that is because I'm secure in our love and he's still building that foundation with Layla.  Or, maybe she just wiggles more and wags her tail cuter.  I must be losing my touch.  Maybe age is catching up with me and I've lost him to a younger bitch.

All in all, I am a lucky woman.  He loves the dogs.  If he didn't I'd be in big trouble. He always supports me when I say I'd like to foster again.  Which is about every month.  

That said, I can drift off to sleep hearing him profess his love to Layla.  In a way it's like saying I love you, to me.  




No comments: