Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Dog Park Preview

Mick and Layla got to visit our new back yard.  The are referring to it as The Dog Park.  They think they have died and gone to heaven.  

Finally, a yard worthy of their exercise needs.  Tree's, shrubs, acres, squirrels, a deck to crawl under (if your name is Layla).  Just wait until they see deer or turkeys. You will probably hear the racket from there.

We surmise Layla won't want to ever come in.  She much prefers the out doors to the in doors.  Mick is accustomed to the master bed, but he ran in the yard like there was no tomorrow.  You gotta love an old dog running for all he's worth, nose to the ground, peeing on everything, hunting for anything and everything.  Foster dog, Jessie, hasn't been to The Park yet, but she has heard the stories about it.  It's huge, it's awesome, there have been other dogs there before.  It's smells amazing, you can pee and pee and pee.  

I'm excited for the dogs and for me.  My take is I can garden and garden and garden some more there.  I have a list of things the yard needs, besides dogs, of course. Need to add a few more trees, iris, daffodils, perennial hisbiscus, lily of the valley. Roses, don't forget the roses, clematis.  Every year I'll add another clematis just like I've always done.  The hostas from my Mom's yard that have been planted in buckets since last April.   The rhubarb from my neighbor Ralph.  That plant originated in Maryland many many moons ago. 

It will be a park for dogs, and a garden for me.  And because I'm not stupid I'll plant carefully, so the paws don't try to transplant things for me.  That must be why God created fences.  Of course, they will get into a few things, but such is life.  Such is gardening.  Planting, growing, transplanting...blooming in new ways and places.

No comments: