Saturday, September 29, 2012

Why Blog??

A friend is doing research on blogging. Why we do it, how we plan it, what we get out of it.

Hmmmmm....good questions.  I blog as an outlet for the voices in my head.  Go ahead and laugh, but it's true.  I blog because I figure whatever I celebrate, struggle with, experience someone else might too.  It helps me realize I am not alone. Perhaps it does the same for you.

I wish I could say I always have a plan for my blogs.  Ummm, I think I go through life in the unplanned mode.  Sometimes I have a little thought that stimulates the writing.  Sometimes I have brilliant ideas for blogs, but usually I am driving on the highway when that happens.  I tell myself...self, you need to remember this and write about it.  Hahahahaaa...like that ever happens.  

Mostly the dogs are the impetus for the writing.  Dogs have taken me places I never could have imagined in my wildest dreams.  I owe a lot to the dogs.  Maybe we should line them up side by side and ask their opinion?  No doubt the term crazy dog lady would be a recurring theme.  Or was that crazy blog lady.  

Of course I could say "I blog therefore I am".  That would be a philosophical stretch though. I do know I dog, therefore I am.   I blog, I dog, I blab, I ramble on. It is just me reaching out to you.  It's what I do. 


No comments: