Sunday, November 24, 2013

Am I Doing Enough

A little reflection is a good thing.  I've been envying my friends who are posting each day of this month something they are grateful for.  In a way I'm vicariously grateful through them.  Naturally I wish I'd done that too.  So often we overlook how much we have in our quest to get more, do more, be more. 

Some might say my quest has always been more dogs.  Well certainly Reno would verify that.  I can't keep them all so fostering gives me a temporary fix of owning them, loving them and sending them home.  Perhaps Grandparent's feel this way too.  At times I wonder am I doing enough?  Do I do it well enough?  Am I nuts?  I'm not always the world's best trainer, but I am a really good dog lover. 

Our house has "marks" of our little failures.  Teeth marks on the coffee table corners, spots on the rug, doors that are scratched.  It's like a legend that says...Wallace was here, Mick did this, Addy did that.  There will always be dog fur collecting in the corners. And a pile of dog bones scattered throughout the house. Having dogs is messy sometimes, fostering is challenging.  But I really wouldn't have it any other way.  Okay, sometimes in my dreams I visualize the perfect dog world where the house stays clean, they are model canine citizens and I'm Victoria Stillwell. It's good to dream isn't it?

So even as I ask, am I doing enough...I have to remember doing something is always better than doing nothing.  I am ever so grateful for that.

No comments: