Sunday, December 8, 2013

Warm Blankets.

Warm blankets come in many shape and sizes.  Some are not technically blankets at all.  Sure we love the comfort of pulling a blanket up to our chin on cold nights.  But I like the other blankets in my life. 

The warmth of knowing our most recent foster, Wallace has found his forever home. We miss the big goober, but we love the quietness of the house since he's left.  I know his new owner's life has changed for the better.  He comes with so many gifts and the slingers on the wall are the icing on the cake. I will admit it is hard to let them go.  Fosters take a piece of your heart with them, just like that little piece of the coffee table that went as well.  But the blanket of satisfaction is that another one was saved.  That's why we do this.

The blanket of snow in the yard has got nothing on a good blanket of joy and love. A thick blanket of humor makes life bearable on the hard days and terrific on the hilarious days. The blanket I have the most trouble keeping track of is that of patience. That one is always to small and often hides from me.  

Our newest blanket is the softest and sweetest one of all.  It came in the form of our new grandchild.  Yup, Reno's daughter and husband became parents so we have entered a new realm of gratitude.  Now, we haven't gotten our hands on this precious babe yet, but our love for him grows daily.

So today I pull close all those warm blankets in my life.  I hope you can do the same.  


No comments: