Sunday, April 6, 2014

Oldies But Goodies

Owning it is the first step.  I like gray faces, muzzles, eye brows and paws... I like the old dogs.  They rock.  They are game and gimpy, great and gracious, goofy and gorgeous.  Right now we have two old boys in house.  One a forever boy and one a foster boy.  Ages 13 and 9.  Bet they could tell some stories. Even at their ages I sometimes have trouble keeping up with them.

Not that I don't like puppies, I do.  Especially when they are sleeping.  Okay, mainly when they are sleeping.  They are delightful to cuddle with.  But an old guy?  Mostly he just needs a gentle hand to make his world. Give him a soft bed, a sunny spot and life is good.



We had a potential adopter recently suggest a full adoption fee for a dog who's life was half over didn't make sense.  Frankly I think that "adopter" didn't freaking make sense.  I think he was an ________(fill in the blank). It's okay, don't hold back.

Unless you are loving an old dog.  Then never, ever hold back.  One moment of bliss with an old guy is priceless.  Old guys can stir up the mischief too. Mischief knows no age.  Nor does love. 

Some day we'll be the oldies.  Hell, maybe we already are.  Come to think of it I like soft beds, gentle hands and a sunny spot to sit in.  I fuss a bit about the gray hair, and look closely for any whiskers, gray or otherwise.  I don't mind a little soft snoring.  From me or the dogs.  Give me an old dog, or two...please.  Life is good.



  

No comments: