Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hunting, Digging, Planting

It doesn't take much to amuse the Pointers.  They were born to hunt and hunt they will.  Birds, rodents, toads, bee's.  The thrill of the chase is all that matters.  Jessie is hunting for a forever home, Mick was toad hunting, and Layla was bee hunting. Two out of three were successful.  Several of them were mouse hunting, but the only mouse found was a little skeleton of one Reno found in the garage.   He showed me how cute it was....ewwwwww.

I spend the weekend digging.  Digging through boxes.  Unpacking takes a long time. Digging in the garden.  Digging up ornamental grasses.  Uggghhhh....that takes a whole lot of elbow grease.  Frankly, my elbows are exhausted.

I did finally plant as well.  My Mom's hostas, and my iris.  Phfeww, those poor plants have been in plastic buckets since last April.  What a relief to have them in the ground.  In the course of digging I found a bunch of bulbs in the mist of the grasses. Score!!!  Freebee's.  Gardeners love freebee's.  It was my lucky day.



I rather dig the beauty of it.  We have a link in that garden.  Mom's house, my house and gifts from the previous owner of this house.  You don't have to hunt much to find the grace here.  It's planted everywhere.



No comments: