Thursday, November 29, 2012

New Kid On The Block

The NKOTB has arrived, or should I say the new paws on the block have arrived.  At least temporarily.  He doesn't look anything like the others.  Partly because he's not the same.  In fact we could play the which one of these doesn't match game with Buck.



Buck is a pointador.  Half labrador, half english pointer.  Totally adorable.  Funny, after all these years, to have a big 'ol blocky lab head looking at me again.  Makes me think of my dear Abby who long ago crossed the bridge.

This is what we've learned so far.  It's not a stretch for him to get his head on the top of the table.  Counter surfing is a varsity sport, and water bottles are fun not frightening!  He's our first experience with a dog who likes to burrow under the blankets and is a first class cuddler.  He's prone to howling and fussing like crazy when you leave him, although he goes into his crate like a dream.  I like to think he quiets down shortly after we leave.  Ya, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Thankfully the neighbors are 1/2 a mile away.  They may be grateful we're 1/2 a mile away.  I love the sound of him running in the back yard.  Sounds like a horse thundering towards you.  Always wanted a horse in the back yard.

He was one of our fosters from two years ago, so when we heard he was in need it was natural to help him. Who would have known he'd have grow so much!  

  


Sometimes life doubles back on you like this.  You send someone off into the world and if you are lucky they come back for another round of loving.  They have changed, you have changed, but the love hasn't.  





3 comments:

Jenny Edgerton said...

Oh, thanks for the FB posting on Pointer Rescue FB. I started reading your blog after a tragedy with a foster failure last January, and stopped reading when our new dog arrived in February, and then a foster dog arrived. Funnily enough, our "new" lemon head pointer also has super short hair and a tail similar to your Hank's. Anyway, thanks for sharing your dogs....
-Jenny

N. Bachmann said...

Welcome back Jenny!

Angie said...

I love Buck! He is so beautiful. I just want to snuggle with him. Tempts me to ask if he is up for adoption..........but we are not ready. Miss Jess is still learning the ropes so I must refrain but I feel drawn towards that golden boy. I love the stories! Thanks for sharing.