Monday, March 25, 2013

A Striking Resemblance

They say people resemble their pets.  In fact some do bear a striking resemblance.

I'd have to say physically I don't so much.  Except for Ms. Addy.  Finally a dog that matches my physique.  A little on the roly poly side, but very soft and cuddly.  Of course, she's part Labrador. The pointers are sleek and svelte.  I was once, for a nanosecond...no wait...that wasn't me.  The pointers are athletic and driven. Again...not so much me.  

I'd like to have the legs of a dane, the coat of a golden, and the smarts of a poodle. Egads, I just wished to be a poodle!  I'd like to swim like a lab, jump like a jack russel and run like a grey hound.  

More than likely I run like a basset, jump like an elephant and swim like a cat (only under duress).  If anything I have the mirth of the pointers.  We always say they have three brain cells and only two work at one time.  I have a few more than that and the working ratio is larger.  But they are full of life and amusing as all get out. So, if that is how I resemble them, so be it.  It would be a complement to be as goofy as Layla, and dignified as Mick.  In no particular order.  Oh wait, maybe I am.

No comments: