Wednesday, June 12, 2013

It Takes a Village

It takes a village to save a dog.  So here's to the rescues, the pilots, the foster homes, the bosses, the staff members, the puppy nanny, the adoptive homes.  

For the record, kudos to my boss for letting me bring Chukar to work with me this week.  Kudos to my staff for putting up with him.  It was tough, I know.  In an adorable puppy breath sort of way.  For the record, no poo hit the floor in the flower shop this week. 

Thank you to the shelter in KC that saved him, the pilot who flew him to Omaha, the family who kept him overnight the first night, the volunteer who drove him half way to us. Thank you to the college student who took him out twice a day so he'd be happy at the shop.  My kids never had a nanny, but this foster dog did.  Thanks to the family that lent us the x-pen and the vet clinic who shared a crate.

Thank you to Reno for the 5 o'clock am potty forays into the dark.  I had to wake Reno up, but he took him.  That works for me.  Surprisingly, Chukar's new home is about 7 miles away from us.  That makes us neighbors!  Gotta love that.  The miracle of the internet found us a local home for this guy.  

Maybe you have gotten my point.  It takes a village...and I'm proud you are my village.  Proud to be part of the village.  We saved a life.  Well done.

No comments: