Thursday, July 25, 2013

Dusting

I don't know why it never occurred to me that this would happen here.  I've seen them around, you may have seen them around.  Always from a distance. Mostly I see them when I'm on the interstate and don't have time to watch the show.  I'm talking about crop dusters.  Living in the land of corn I've seen the dusters before.  Wow, look at the little plane swooping over the fields. Cool stuff.

But now I live in the middle of the corn.  It's a different story.  I experienced them up close and personal as they buzzed the house to dust the field across the lane.


Holy cow that was close!!  And exhilarating   While I wouldn't want to be in the cockpit, I loved watching them in the field, from the porch, glass of wine in hand. But, and you know, there is always a but...it got me thinking.  

We have crop dusters who dust the fields.  We have other dusters in our lives. Dog dusters who shower us with love, entertainment and fur.  Friend dusters who dust love, companionship (and giggles), prayer dusters who spray a cloud of grace over our needs.  Some dusters we can see and hear. Some thunder in, others are invisible.  They glide in and out leaving us enhanced.

Either way, in any shape, they are a sight to behold.






No comments: