Monday, August 5, 2013

Guest Book

Over the years I should have kept a guest book.  If I had been really organized there would be one for home guests, and another for doggie guests. Maybe the doggie one would have had more paw prints than the human version would have signatures.

Since I moved away from "home" I have a greater appreciation of guests and visitors. Not to mention a deeper understanding of home.  So we have especially enjoyed all the people who find their way to our little house on the prairie.

I have a friend who keeps a guest book...it is in the bathroom.  She figures sooner or later everyone will sit for a minute there and can sign in.  I like that idea, but don't want to copy it.  Most all who come get hugs and dinner.  I don't think it would be too much to ask for a signature or comment.  Maybe just....dang that dinner was good, or, wow you've got lots of dogs, or, pass the pie, or, you really are a crazy dog lady!  

Of course I realize you've touched our hearts by visiting, but it would be nice to see it in writing or better yet a photo journal.  Even if I never get that organized I want you to know that just by visiting you have signed the guest book in our hearts with love.  And, if you'll just give the resident doggies a treat all will be right in the world.  

No comments: