Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Do You Wonder

Do you ever wonder if you have done enough?  Made enough difference in the world? Tried hard enough, appreciated your blessings to the max?  Been present and utilized your skills?

What if you haven't?  What if life is passing you by?  What if, what if, what if.

I know, pretty heavy conversation.  Truth is I have all the questions and none of the answers.  By dog standards, if I get excited about treats, turn back flips when my owner comes home (or out of the bathroom), nap in the sun (or the shade) and wag with joy daily, I'd be a success.  I'd have given my love unconditionally, received openly and not bitten the hand that feeds me.

I would like to be more dog-like, and less human-like.  I'd be more warm and sunny and less nit picky.  I'd be goofy without thought and gentle beyond measure.  

Here is the deal.  You never know the burden another is carrying.  Best we can do is try to lighten the load.  We can be the treats and give the treats.  We can give soft touch, and in turn receive them.  We can wag with unbridled joy, laugh at the ridiculous and the sublime, circle three times and lay down to rest.

And we may still wonder if we've done enough.   

2 comments:

Lisa's Picture Page said...

Yes, you can always wonder but if you always give your personal best, that's all anyone can ask. Right?

N. Bachmann said...

So right! Love the feedback - thank you!