Thursday, May 26, 2011

Motion and Commotion

Sophie is visiting and is not happy with the activity level around here. I can't say as I blame her.

There is a scary man in the living room laying carpet, and two scary men in the yard repairing siding issues. There is stinky carpet glue, saws and drills, and general disorder. Progress is messy.

I do understand. I may have to take some of her anxiety med's to help me get through the day. Not sure at this point who needs them more. Hank and Mick are playing in the yard. There are are mud puddles and standing water from heavy rains this week. Hank's belly is coated with mud spatters.

I'm wondering if perhaps a alcoholic beverage might be in order before 11am this morning. Although it does set a bad example for the workers. And, frankly, I'm sure Sophie would like a swig too.

All in the name of progress. All testing my faith and patience. All falling under the "this too shall pass" category of life. All are blessings too. Noisy, dirty, smelly blessings. Of which I am infinitely graced.....

So for the morning Sophie and I are hanging out in the office to stay as far away as possible from the motion and commotion. Now, where is my flask.

No comments: