Friday, June 3, 2011

Still Here Somewhere

Ahhhh, did you wonder has she fallen off the face of the earth? Doesn't she love us anymore? Is life so dull there is nothing to write about? Since Sophie left is it completely peace and quiet there?

I'll just answer that with no, no, no and NO! Followed by some slightly hysterical laughter.

Lots going on, packing boxes, projects to get the house up for sale, wedding countdown in progress, huge 50th anniversary events at the store, upcoming business travel. All manner of activity going on.

Still I am compelled to stop and pull weeds whenever I go near the garden. This year it's not going to matter if I get those tree seeds pulled. Still I try. If only I was a productive as they are proliferous.

From the canine department Hank managed to get to the floral arrangement that Momma Robin built her nest in. She and I had been conversing daily about her eggs hatching. Honestly I loved greeting her every time I crossed the porch. The nest was high enough, I just forgot how high Hanks vertical jump is. He managed to get a paw on it and yank the arrangement and nest down. He even cleaned up the eggs. Oh so sorry Momma Robin. You have my permission to dive bomb Hank whenever you see him in the yard.

To say I've been a bit emotional about all the excitement in our life is an understatement. Alcohol consumption is up, as is the number of times I pray out loud. Do you realize how many ways you can finish the phrase "oh Lord...." I'm trying not to use a lot of expletives in sentences that begin with "Oh Lord". Sometimes I fail. I try to remember how exciting all this is and how blessed we are, and how I love adventure. I usually end up rolling my eyes and invoking a colorful "Oh Lord" or two. It's a good thing He has such a good sense of humor and a forgiving nature.

So that sums it up. Lots going on. More to come. I can hardly wait!

No comments: