Friday, August 19, 2011

Abundance

I didn't plant much of a garden this season. Frankly, because I thought we would be moved by harvest time. I did, as a nod to the Garden God's plant one tomato plant, because I could not sleep if I hadn't planted at least one.

I also figured I might have a volunteer or two in the vegetable garden. I was not wrong. I have cherry tomato's galore! Not just one variety either. Little cherry tomato's, big cherry tomato's, cherry tomato's that look like regular tomato wanna be's. There are even yellow cherry tomato's - not sure where they came from.

Except..... and this is the good part, that abundance knows no bounds. The vines have gone wild. I've even pruned them so I can actually get into the garden area. They could stand pruning again. Who prunes tomato vines?? Seriously?

With all due respect, the weeds have grown as abundantly as the 'maters have. But I shall focus on the happy harvest. Thank you garden, thank you tomato's, thank you abundance that comes in so many ways, shapes and forms.

No comments: