Sunday, August 14, 2011

Makes you wonder...

Every other Saturday I go in early to open the store. There is almost always an older man sitting in his car when I arrive. Not unusual because we have a restaurant attached to our store. But, I have never seen this man go into the restaurant. Have never seen him get out of his car period. He is usually there for about 20-30 minutes after I arrive and then he's gone.

It makes me wonder what his story is. Perhaps, before I leave the store I'll have to ask him. Does he wait to "see" an estranged family member? Does he go to relieve memories of Saturday mornings with a loved one? Does he get there and forget to go in? Oh! It could be anything! It could be nothing, but it makes me wonder.

Then too, I wonder if he'll be offended if I inquire about his story. But, mostly, I think people want to share their stories. People want to be heard, long to be heard, love to be heard. Usually there is a gift to be had by asking and listening. I believe I will....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ask him. Now i need to know... Heidi