Monday, October 31, 2011

Metamorphosis


How long does it take for a metamorphosis? In Sophie's case it was slightly over two years. It was a miracle. From shy, terrified pup, to well-loved happy pup. It was a journey of faith, trust and joy.

It was not nearly long enough, and just long enough to complete her. It included me, Scary Man, her adoptive Mom and host of others who encountered her along the way.

I can picture her in her safe place under my desk, and I can picture her discovering what it is to be loved. What it is to be safe. What it is to be a just a dog. A loved dog, that is.

And, I can picture her now. Dancing across fields, playing with toys, full of the joy from those who loved her along the way. She is brave, she is happy...and she waits for us just across the Rainbow Bridge.

No comments: