Tuesday, October 11, 2011

New Beginnings

I now know first hand what it's like to be a foster. World completely turned upside down, different rules, new people, strange surroundings. Few, if any things familiar. It's a scary thing. I may piddle on the floor just from stress. I may be a little bit growly. I may be lonely and mourn the old life.

It is just plain stressful. Truth be told yesterday, my first day in a new city, at a new job, was hard. Away from my kids, dogs and most of my support system. I felt like a dog in a cold, lonely shelter. I cried.

Now, it's not all gloom and doom. It is just a big big change for me. Today was a much better day, and Reno is relieved the tears are not flooding the streets any more.

In the future, I'll be more understanding of fosters and people in transition. I will extend a gentle hand to soften sharp edges of change. I hope those I encounter here will be gentle with me. I'm new, I'm stressed and I need help knowing this is a safe place to call home.

No comments: