Wednesday, October 26, 2011

We Love Our Walkies

For years now I've been a lazy dog owner. Not that the dogs didn't get exercise, it was just that they did it independent of me. I had the luxury of a large yard and could just let them out the door to run and play. Go play, go run, go hunt the yard, please don't eat the flowers.

Things have changed and I am learning a new way of life. It includes taking the dogs for walks instead of just letting them out to play. Yes, I still let them out to play, but it's in yard the size of a postage stamp. Not exactly the same experience for them. So we walk.

They love it! They love it in a wiggle butt, can we go, can we go, can we go now sort of way. I'm not sure they will love it as much in the cold and snow. We may be fair weather walkers, or they may toughen up! Oh wait, maybe I will toughen up.

Truth be told I'm not walking them as much as they are walking me. I've needed to get back to walking, and it's helps my head as I adjust to all these major life changes. So we walk. We walk in the morning and we walk in the evening. And it's good. We walk, and we embrace another aspect of our relationship. I'm not sure who's enjoying it most. And maybe that just doesn't matter.

No comments: