Sunday, February 5, 2012

Good Days

For someone who generally has a great appreciation of the good things in life, I admit to having a new perspective. New perspectives are good.

My days of late have been centered on how Mickey feels. If he hurts, I hurt. If he has a good day, I have a great day. We are joined at the heart. Granted it's the same way with others we love. Their well being affects us.

Mick and I have been taking up lots of space on the recliner, snuggled in homemade blankets. Hank doesn't get why Mick gets the special treatment. Some day, although I hate to even say it, it will be Hank's turn. But not for a long, long time I hope.

A good day is when Mick's tail wags, he eats, and isn't limping. A good day is when he curls up in a ball and sleeps like a puppy. A good day is when I don't have to stress about getting him to eat. For the record, liverwurst is the ultimate pill pocket in Mick's book. Liverwurst, OMG, liverwurst. Mind you, Reno was mortified when I started using his liverwurst for the dogs. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. If Reno needs pills, I'll put liverwurst around them too.

It does make me pause and give thanks for the good days. Sometimes we have so many of them we fail to appreciate them. New appreciation is deeper and sweeter. And I'm grateful for that....

No comments: