Monday, April 16, 2012

New Things

Layla would like to thank Mick for the important tutorial on how to tear the filling out of a dog bed today. Valuable knowledge - for future escapades no doubt.

Hank just wants to say he's still got it going. He's the man. The other day he flushed a bunny, chased it down and snatched it up. When I opened the door to call Reno for help removing it Hank raced inside and deposited it on the carpet. I also nearly deposited something on the carpet. As much as I was appalled, I was also proud at his catch of the day.

And for the record, someone has been eating all the blossoms off my pansy's. Someone?? I don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to know it is a four-footed culprit. I just haven't caught anyone with petals stuck to their lips. It's only a matter of time.

The last new thing is that we moved the last of our belongings out of the house in Omaha pending it's closing on Monday. This time next week I will not have a "home". No, I won't be homeless, but I will be less one home. It's bittersweet. To say the least. New things are like that. Let go of one thing to receive another. It's not easy, but, the best is yet to come.

No comments: