Friday, April 13, 2012

One of THOSE dog owners.

I have a confession to make. I've crossed over to the other side. Today, for the first time in all the years and all the dogs I've been owned by, I sent one to boarding. OMG. So far, I've always had the luxury of leaving my dogs with
Reno, or my kids. They have been troopers over the years helping me out. But now that the kids and I live in different cities, it's a whole new dog biscuit.

Ms. Layla is being boarded for the weekend. I feel like I've sent her to a concentration camp. Realistically, I know her needs are being met. She'll be fed, get attention, get play time. She will get far more there than before she came into rescue and found her forever home.

But, I hated to leave her. I wonder if she wonders if we are coming back. I wonder if she is having flash backs. I wonder if she'll be twice as goofy when we return. In a way I'm glad there is not a doggie-cam for me to check on her. I'd like to watch, and I'm glad I can't.

Never thought I'd be such a worry wart. But then, I've never left a pet with total strangers before...well, we both know they aren't total strangers...but she doesn't know that.

No comments: