Monday, May 28, 2012

I Would Like To Thank The....

I, Hanky Poo McLovin, would like to thank the staff of the Montgomery County Animal Rescue in Red Oak, IA, and Pointer Rescue Organization for where I am today.

Sure, you're thinking dogs don't do testimonials. Dude, yes they do! Without you, Jan, I wouldn't be living the good life in Nebraska. You carried me into the shelter when I couldn't walk. Your team members showed me, kindness, compassion and where the kibble was. You are a small town rescue with a big heart. I hope you count me as one of your successes.

I want for nothing. Well, except maybe that big t-bone steak in the freezer. Okay, so I only want for that steak, and, umm, the squirrel that talks smack to me in the back yard. Other than that, I have it all. Oh, and the kitty that runs loose in the vet clinic. That is wrong on many levels. I really wanted that. I wanted that with lust in my heart. Not because I wanted a friend either. Of course, I often want the cucumbers to roll off the counter, because they are one of my favorites. They are round, it could happen you know. I want Layla to quit being a pest, but you now the saying about pigs flying. But other than that I have everything a dog could want.

Food, shelter, a king size bed, gentle hands, kisses on the schnozzle. Thanks to you guys I am a dog blessed. So it's okay if I dream about steaks, squirrels, rolling cucumbers and loose kitties. It's all part of the good life you gave me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hanky-Poo, you deserve the good life. Beauregard loved cucumbers too.