Monday, June 4, 2012

In Heaven


Dear HuMom and other people, including Scary Man, Mick, Layla and all my other friends. In heaven the squirrels are slower. In heaven, I can run all day, sleep all night, and my bowl runneth over with t-bones, with a side of cucumbers.

It's similar to Nebraska. I know this because I experienced gentle hands, good food and the comforts a stray can only dream of. I didn't have to suffer from heat or cold, or pain when my time came.

I had a roast beast sandwich, a romp in the park after the squirrels and a soft quilt to rest upon. I was held safe and loved until my last moment. I was one of the lucky ones.

Every blessing you gave me I returned in devotion. I am dog blessed.

3 comments:

Beth Kniffen said...

I feel like I knew Mr. Hanky from reading your facebook and blog. He obviously was a well loved pup. I'm so sorry for the sadness you must feel right now. Rest in peace sweet Hank.

LaDonna (MCAR volunteer) said...

Hated to read this! I had no idea he was that bad off. I am so sorry for your loss. Bless you for taking him in 3 years ago. What a difference you made in his life. It's been wonderful being able to stay connected with him and know how happy and loved he was. Thank you for that.

Amanda said...

Mr. Hanky was such a sweet, loving soul. This post made me cry. Rest in peace sweet Hank.