Monday, June 25, 2012

The Wise Old Sage

I like to think of Hank as just a happy dufus boy, and he was. But he was something of a Wise Old Sage. He was also an attention hog. Read, understatement of the century. I've been noticing Mickey is way more affectionate now. Behind that proper English gentleman posture is a bit of a cuddler. Perhaps he has wanted to forever, but Hank never moved away from my side. Or, maybe Hank is nudging him from beyond. No doubt telling him that Humom needs some cuddles. And, not from the upstart, wild child named Layla.

Not that I don't always welcome Layla cuddles. They just come in at high velocity and leave the same way. Funny how different they are. Young and wild. Old and stately. Yes, I'm still talking about the dogs!

I would hope to be half as smart as they are and even a fraction of how loving they are. I would hope Layla never finds herself in a china shop. She wouldn't do well there. And, maybe, just maybe, if Hank is channeling though Mick. Tell him that snuggles and lovings are especially sweet after losing a beloved pet. Tell Layla that she gets bonus points for comic relief, and tell the universe that being loved by pets is a special slice of heaven.

No comments: