Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Take What You Get - Be Happy With It

At Christmas, and other times it is a mad rush to get things.  Things, stuff, possessions, items, doodads, gifts, gadgets, accessories....you get my drift.  We are so driven we forget how blessed we are. 

At dinner tonight we sat down to a pleasant meal.  Not my best effort, but it fell under the quick & easy category and we wouldn't go hungry.  Thank you Trader Joe's.   Someone looked at the fixings and said where is the _______ and where is the ________?  Someone suggested they take their happy little self out of the kitchen, come back and exclaim what a delicious dinner we were having.  And we were.

Think about the dogs.  They (mostly) get the same food day in and day out.  They are ecstatic when I feed them.  Omg, omg, omg she's gonna feed us.  Omg, omg, omg I'm so excited I'm drooling.  And then there is Buck who helps himself to things on the counter and thinks Omg, Omg, Omg manna from the heavens is just left on the counter for me!!

Sometimes it's prime rib, some times it's kibble. Sometimes isn't all the time.    Sometimes you just have to take what you get and be happy with it.  

  

No comments: