Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Thots

First of all, I thought Easter was in Spring? May I just say it's a good thing the Easter Bunny has a fur coat this morning. At least here, it's a frosty morning. Not exactly seasonal weather, but really what is seasonal?? At least in Nebraska seasonal changes by the hour.

I remember past Easters. Easter dresses, hats (yes, I'm aging myself here), baskets. Easter Ham, Chocolate Bunnies, Easter egg hunts. The obvious is often hard to find, and yes, that applies to colored eggs.

I treasure the memories of getting up early, early morning to hide the eggs for our kids to find. And, I remember hiding one egg under the soft belly of my Labrador Abby. She was kind enough to lay there hiding the treasure without trying to consume it! That was an Easter miracle.

This Easter finds us in transition. I remember "transition" from having babies. It is no piece of cake. It leaves you breathless and wanting to inflict bodily harm on anyone who comes near you. Not serene Easter thoughts for sure. I'm apprehensive about what is ahead, stressed about all that needs to be done, and wishing I had the answers to all the who, what, when, where, and how's on the horizon.

I wish it was a simple as looking for colored eggs in the grass. Maybe it is. Sometimes they are obvious, sometimes they are obscured, sometimes filled with treats and surprises. Sometimes months later the eggs are finally discovered! Looking forward to little surprise like that.

No comments: