Sunday, April 17, 2011

It's All About Me

I've come to the conclusion that dogs go through life with this headset. It's all about me.....surely you've come to visit me.....is that for me?......what about me!! Not to mention....pet me, pet me, pet me......don't forget to feed me!!

How do they do that and be so darned cute at the same time? When company comes they act like they haven't seen a human being in a millennium. When it's dinner time they act like they are starving. When you want them to go out in the rain they act like prima donna's. Me?? Moi???? Go out in the cold? wet? What?? You want me to get off the bed??? Do you know who I am??? Excuse me, that is not your pillow, I just loan it to you.

With Reno commuting, Hank thinks he has it made. Monday through Thursday Hank sleeps with me. Joined at the hip, like Velcro, snug as a bug in a rug. If I get out of bed I return to find him firmly ensconced on my pillow. I'm sure he waits all night for just such an opportunity. And he seizes that moment like there is no tomorrow. On Friday/Saturday/Sun he has to sleep on the sofa or the dog bed. Don't feel bad for him, either way he lives the life of Riley!!

Last night Ms. Sophie slept with us. We felt honored. Life really is all about her....okay, and Mick and Hank. Face it, they are the best. I rotate my life around them. Truthfully, I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: