Thursday, April 7, 2011

Gated Community

Our vegetable garden is a gated community. Mostly because of Hank's propensity to snack on the heirloom tomato's before they are table ready. Not to mention Mick thinking the garden is the most huntable area in the yard.

I noticed yesterday that something has been digging in this little gated area. I think it's Momma Bunny. I like the way she thinks. Close to the produce section, away from the bird dogs, nice sunny lot, semi-safe location. Except...its in an area they dogs run by a thousand times a day. She must have missed the no vacancy sign.

Seriously, Momma Bunny, you have got to be kidding. Of course other years she has built her nest in areas of the yard that the dogs do have access to. It never ends pretty. Maybe this year she thinks she has a running chance. Literally and figuratively.

I'm thinking not. Don't get me wrong....Spring, baby birds and bunnies...it's all good. Hunting dogs and baby birds and bunnies....not so much. I believe I'll post an eviction notice before Momma B gets too settled in. I just hope she can read.....

No comments: