Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Just Another Example of Normal

Eleven days away from Sophie going to her forever home and she achieves another milestone!

Actually, I think each foster dog of ours signs a guest book and shares their escapades. That way they can see what has been done and what hasn't been done in the name of foster dogs. Read, what damage has been done in the name of foster dogs.

There have been the usual scratches in the wood work, the skirting on the sofa gnawed on, a chair with a hole in the upholstery, chewed leashes, the rockers on the chair sampled. There is the crate that got bent, and many blankets aererated. Sophie read the manual and knew she could not do something so mundane and so, so, done already.

She chose to sample the carpet fibres. Lovely. We were planning to recarpet anyway. But, holy crap Sophie...what were you thinking???

..."well, Momma, you were gone so long today.... Yes, I can hold my pee all day, but what about my creativity and need for activity?? Seriously, I was just supposed to lay there and wait for you. I had things to do, playing to enjoy and carpet to sample. And, frankly, none of the other fosters did carpet. Somebody had too!" ~Sophie

Ahhh, the new normal with Sophie. I just can't be mad at her for it. You have to take the good with the bad, and sometimes the bad reflects just how good it is.

No comments: