Saturday, April 30, 2011

A note from Sophie

Moving day?? What? I'm moving? Huh? I'm not moving yet? Wait, I'm going, I'm not going, I'm still going, not just today?? ~Sophie

Today was, in one of the plans, Sophie's departure day. The key is "one of the plans". Isn't that just life - plan A, plan B...sometimes even plan C & D. Not to worry, her adoption hasn't fallen through. It's just been postponed for about ten days.

This is what I love about it. Her new Mom wants to be with her in the worst way. So much so that she will delay that pleasure to make the transition easier for Sophie. You see, her forever home is moving from Omaha to Minnesota this weekend. All that commotion would be hard on a pocket pointer with anxiety issues. I know Sophie's gonna crap when she moves. Probably a large hideous crap. To that I say "it's okay Sophie", followed by pass the paper towels and the odor eliminator. Sometimes that is the best, most normal response to change. Crap, then move on.

Her new owner has Sophie's best interest at heart. That makes my heart happy.

No comments: