Friday, June 17, 2011

Homeward Bound

There are many applications to this statement in life. Homeward Bound - ahhhhh..... That means today I get to see the dogs, Reno, home and savor the comfort of my own bed.

In the meantime, which is where we all are, I wait in the Portland Airport. Sometimes I need to be forced to sit still. I'm not good at sitting still. Understatement alert!!! I am sort of like Sophie in that way. I'm always just shy of settling and about to begin movement. Hmmmm...I'm not sure this is a good thing. If I was more like Mickey I'd be napping, or beginning to nap, or just waking up from a nap. Or hunting after the previously mentioned nap. If I was more like Hank, I'd be exuding happiness and soaking up affection.

I'm a little guilty this week of wanting time to pass fast. I'm eager to get home because I feel like I'm not doing enough. It's complicated isn't it?

Some of us are always on journey trying to find what home is. Some of us are home and don't realize it. Some of us are homeward bound and can't wait, some are homeward bound and dragging their heels.

Now, I have a long enough wait at the airport today to make a quilt, give birth (including gestation) or build a house. Or some combination of all three. Hurry up, wait, breathe, relax. Time for gratitude and anticipation. Okay, I'll embrace that.

No comments: