Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Names

It dawned on me I put too much thought into dog names. Perhaps I need to keep it more simple.

A friend had pointers named Joker, Crusty, Bumpy, and Hoser. If I had done that we would have had Tooth Pick, Gnarly, Unpredictable Bitch (UB for short), Allerg-i-girl, FunkyLip, Bones, Shy Guy and Chicken Little.

Dang, I missed the boat. I'm going to have to rethink the whole naming process. Dopey, Grumpy, Nasty, Schmuck, Lazy, Frenzy and Doozie all of a sudden have great potential. Of course, it's a good thing people aren't named that same way.

The best part is that even silly names like that can become terms of endearment. Or maybe, we'll stick with a semi-tradition name, and have some colorful nicknames. Oh, wait, we do that already. Right, Mr. Hanky???

No comments: