Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weeds, Work and other stuff

We've had our little Sophie visiting us this week. The only thing better than updates and photo's of a foster dog in their new home is to have one visit! She is still an early riser. Thankfully she is so stinkin cute. Once you get your sleepy eyes open you can't help but love her. I've loved her anywhere between 4:30am to 6am this week.

I realize if I kept her awake from 7-10pm, she'd probably sleep better for me. Trouble is I don't have much energy during those hours and dig the peace and quiet of lazy dogs in the evening. It's a mixed blessing.

We have been working like crazy people to get our house up on the market. This week the sign when up! Phfewwww.... I've had lots of conversations in my head about this. Such as "windows? how do you get so dirty". "Paint? who gave you permission to peel?" "Garden? Oh, I'm so sorry I've neglected you". "Weeds, you flipping buggers, who said you could grow this fast"? "House, I'm sorry we have all pretty only to let you go". "Home, you've been very, very good to me and I love you".

It's really bitter-sweet. Life changes are sometimes. You have to let go of one thing to receive another. Dang, I suck at that sometimes. Maybe we all do.

No comments: