Saturday, July 9, 2011

Vows

I do, I do. Or what to do, what to do. Or I have dogs, therefore I am.

Having just said the I Do's, the I Will's, the in good times and in bad I admit to having vows on the brain. For the record, we did giggle through our vows. I was getting emotional, feeling weepy and then Reno made a little face at me. That is when the giggles happened. I laughed, he laughed, we couldn't stop laughing, then we couldn't even make eye contact without cracking up again. Not that we didn't take those words seriously, we do! Sometimes laughter just happens.

But I digress.....making the big "M" commitment got me thinking about the commitment we make to our pets. The same rules apply. In good times, and in bad, in sickness and in health, 'til death do us part. That means when they are cute and when they are disgusting. Yesterday Hank had a little dead rodent. He couldn't decide whether to consume it or roll on it. I made the decision for him even though it grossed me out. Yes, if Reno was around I'd have pulled the "I can't do that" card. But he wasn't so I did. I vowed to keep Hank safe, and in this case clean, and I did.

I have dogs, and a hubby, so I made those commitments with an open heart. Luckily he is as committed to the dogs as I am. It's a day in, day out promise to love, honor and clean up an occasional rodent. I will, he will, We Do!

1 comment:

Janicekg said...

Congradulations on saying your vows to each other.