Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Adopted!!!


Mick and Hank are doing the happy dance because Snowflake has found her forever home. Yup, we set a personal record for shortest time a foster was in our care. Twenty-four days from pick up to placement - not too shabby.

It all worked out just the way it was supposed to. Application and home visit on the same day. Adoption final the very next day. Good thing she was already in Omaha for training. It certainly made it easy for her new Daddy to meet and fall in love with her.

Now, I'm going to remember, next time a puppy needs fostering that puppy mentoring is not my strong suit. Reno, however, is amazing with them. That makes us a good team.

I think it's easier to let them go when they are only with you a short while. They don't own as big a piece of your heart then. Still, I wish I'd gotten to tell her good bye and kiss her schnozzle one more time. I would have told her to be a good girl, to not eat any remotes, to watch out for wine racks, and that carpet is best left unchewed. Hopefully, she learned that in her short time with us.

Happy Forever Home Snowflake.

No comments: