Monday, January 9, 2012

Old Dogs

Mick is my very first pointer. All the other pointers, and there have been many, owe their presence in my life to Mick.

Now, Mick is getting up there in age. He's roughly 10 1/2. Until now, he's been a healthy happy camper. Of late he's had some issues with what we think is arthritis. X-rays tomorrow should answer that definitively for us.

He has good days and bad days. Funny how we take the good days for granted in life. Shame on us. Recently he's had some hard days. That means I have hard days too. Last night I ended up sleeping beside him on the floor. If that is what it took to give him an ounce of comfort I was all for it. How I felt did not matter. That I could be with him was paramount.

Some people say I'm a good dog Mom. I say I'm lucky to have a good dog and it is the very least I can do. Old dogs are precious princes. And Mick is the most charming of all.

No comments: