Monday, January 23, 2012

I've Decided...

In raising kids I always believed in giving the kids choices. Just because they are young adults, out on their own doesn't mean I've lost all my influence.

It occurred to me yesterday that it would be awesome if one of my kids married a veterinarian. A friend suggested it would be cool if one became a veterinarian. That would be cool, so I'm giving them a choice. Be one, or marry one. No pressure there. See, choices are good.

It would be okay if they became independently wealthy. As long as they remembered the years they depended on me. I trust they would be hell bent to lavish their love and earthly belongings upon me.

As it is, I'm blessed that one is a mechanic, one knows how to program my phone, and that one is an amazing chef. Still a vet in the family would be sweet. All they really have to do is use the gifts God gave them, find their bliss, and be open to future spouses with initials that say DVM.

That's not too much to ask, is it?

No comments: