Sunday, March 4, 2012

Home Finds You

Sometimes home finds you. Sometimes you find home. Sometimes temporary becomes permanent. Sometimes you gotta go with your gut.

As fostering goes, Ms. Layla OliveOyl Sooner of Girard has become a classic foster failure. I figure, two failures out of 12 fosters is not bad. Heck, two over the course of 11 years is not bad. I think we were way over due.

It happens. Sometimes you just open your heart and can't let go. Do you wonder if its the right thing, yep, you do. I first suspected a failure when I had trouble writing her profile. I wanted to say horrible dog, not adoptable. Of course I knew that wasn't true. More like adorable dog, totally adoptable we want her for ourselves!

So I wrote the profile. Then we talked, pondered, and wondered. Should we or shouldn't we. In the end we did.

Layla left the ranks of foster and joined the ranks of forever. Welcome home little darling!

No comments: