Thursday, March 1, 2012

I Like It


If someone asked Layla what she thinks of foster care I believe she'd say the following:

It's beats being on the street.
They won't let me chew on any baskets,or table legs, what's up with that?
Or rugs, they are off limits too.

And there is this damn thing that squirts water at me. What the hell?

However, the recliner is pretty sweet.
The food ain't bad.
The hands are gentle.
Plenty of water.
Treats, OMG, the treats.
Scrambled eggs, me likey.

And there is this damn thing that squirts water at me. What the hell?

However, the toys are cool.
The bones rock with all manner of goodies stuffed inside.
Soft blankets.
Dry feet.
No tight chains around my neck.

A couple of old dogs for playmates. Kinda like the two old men from the Muppet Show. Amusing, but old.

Did I mention the gentle hands?
Regular food?
The recliner.
Treats.....

Oh, yes, I like it here.

No comments: