Saturday, March 31, 2012

Reveille

The dogs have their own sort of reveille in the morning. Sometimes it is sounded via my alarm clock. Other times it is instigated by an internal clock of their own.

Hank's reveille normally occurs about 4:30-5:00am when he leaves his place on the sofa to join us on the bed. Mick rarely comes to check on us. He would gladly have us over sleep.

As soon as I make the slightest move to get up all the dogs are on alert. I should wake up that fast! Heck, I've never in my life woken up that fast. Now, Layla doesn't have free range in the house at night. She's young and into everything. So she sleeps in a kennel at night for the safety of every edible and non-edible thing we own.

When I let her out an interesting phenomenon occurs. The boys race for the back door, longing for a tree to relieve themselves on. Not so Layla, she runs the other direction. She runs to the bedroom to check on Scaryman. She is his personal reveille. Are you there? Are you up? Do you see me? Can we play? Aren't I cute? Did you miss me? Whatcha doing? Can I step on you? Is it belly rub time?

The boys have long since had their morning relief. She has Daddy time. First things first for Layla. Proof that there are many ways to relieving yourself in the morning. And going potty is just one of them.

No comments: