Sunday, June 21, 2009

On The Road

Have you thought I'd gotten lost? Nah. Just traveling on business and some pleasure too.

The worst part is being away from the dogs. But, thankfully, I got a dog fix today. Five days is too long without canine companionship. We visited a winery today and as I was walking in I comment how I needed a dog fix. Low and behold one of the wines listed for tasting was called Bird Dog White. Obviously, I had to taste that one. Which led to a discussion of dogs, and mention that there were a couple Labradors on site. I was practically begging to see them. Ah, the sweet touch of canine fur, the joy of the wagging tail, the nudge with the muzzle for more petting. Not as good as loving up on my own dogs, but definitely good for the soul.

Tomorrow we attend a wedding. One of my son's college roommates is getting married. As his Omaha Mom, it seemed imperative we share the day with him. How these boys grew up so fast is beyond me. Okay, how they survived college is beyond me.

The road of life takes us many directions. One led me to dogs, one led me to Reno (and led Reno to Omaha) one led me to travel, one to having other sons I never expected. One road circled back time and time again to increase my faith. One is the highway of gratitude.

Ever so happily, today's road led me to some dogs........

No comments: