Sunday, June 14, 2009

Upstaged

Hank had a come to Jesus meeting yesterday. In a good way! We took this dear boy to a Blessing of the Animals. I love these events. There is one we attend in June and one in October. Sometimes they/we need that booster shot of blessings.

It's great dog watching and socializing. Lot's of rescue people to trade stories with. There were cookies for the two legged attendees, and cookies for the four legged ones. Music to soothe the soul by who else but the Noah's Ark Band.

As always a reporter from the local paper is there to take photo's. And more than once, just like yesterday, our dog has been photographed, our names documented for publication. Now, don't get me wrong, but never once have we made the paper! Next time we see the photographer I'm giving the dogs permission to mark him.

It never fails that the teeny tiny dogs upstage us. Photo's of Chihuahua's, or Chinese crested dogs, or even better, a photo of a child with a chihuahua gets published every single time. Let me just say the bigger dogs (especially the handsome pointers) could use a little press. It just doesn't seem fair.

I supposed it's wrong to gripe about a spiritual outing, and really I have no bones to pick with the event. It was moving, and beautiful Hank got a special blessing. I just hope he was listening. Just like I hope some day my dogs make the paper because they are so darned adorable. Until then, the novelty dogs get the attention from the paparazzi, and the others all fly under the radar.

No comments: