Saturday, July 17, 2010

Enabling & Enabling

Owning it is the first step. I am an enabler. In fact I have enabled you. I've spoiled you, or maybe I've forced some of you, to read my blogs by virtue of taking time to send them directly to your mail box. Perhaps you have been a captive audience, or a lazy audience, maybe you have been reluctant, I hope you've chuckled a time or two. Well, I have good news and I have bad news. Which is which is up to you. The good or the bad (your choice) is that I won't enable you any more. The good or the bad (again your choice) is you can still get them in your mailbox. That requires one brief moment of participation on your part. If you want to follow the escapades of my Doggy Dog World go to http://doggydogblog.blogspot.com and register to follow my blog. As Reno says sometimes, "it's as simple as that". And, you can still leave feedback, if you so choose. In a moment of pure indulgence, I will say I do love feedback and comments!! I like to know others can relate to the stories I share.

Speaking of enabling. I/we are trying to enhance Sophie's social skills. Let me just say this, she has very few so she can only improve! Last night I took her for a "walk" to enable her confidence to grow. Of course walking wasn't so much what we did. It was more of a begging forward event, a pleading process, a marathon of encouragement, a test of patience exercise. There really wasn't exercise involved. But we did get two doors down to visit a neighbor. I was happy to get that far and Sophie was happy to drag me home.

So there you have it. The enabler is me feels bad I'm changing how I'm doing things. But, the enabler also feels good. Life is like that a mix of guilt and satisfaction, often at the same time. Kind of like Sophie, one step forward, two steps back - it still counts as progress.

No comments: