Saturday, July 24, 2010

Scattered

(intro....music worthy of a soap opera....) As the trees scatter their seeds, so goes the path of my brain.

It was a typical gardening experience. Except it's been so hot there has been little gardening. But it's cool, comparatively speaking, and the yard at least needed poop scooping. I gathered up my trust poop producers and my pooper scooper and off I went.

Task one, easy for my brain to follow. Scoop poop. Highly successful endeavor. But, ohhhhh, just as I finished the last pile, the brain says hey, stop and pull those weeds. Followed by stop and move those branches that came down with the last big wind. Next an insipid little voice said look at those grasses in the garden bed going to seed. Pull them!! Pull them!! Pull them!

Soon I had a pile of offenders needing the trash can marked yard waste. So, I went in the back door because I needed coffee to sustain this project. Out the front door, coffee in hand to get the can. But, wait!! More nasty weeds in the front garden and a nifty place to set the coffee cup. Some call it a SUV, I call it a cup holder. Pull some weeds there and try to redirect to the other project started. Off to the back yard with coffee in hand. Fill the trash can, praise Lord, another task seen to completion. Stop for just a few more weeds (I should have known better)and accidentally fling dirt into my coffee cup.

A ruined cup of coffee is a sign to cease and desist if you ask me. I look around, find the poop scooper, dispose of the waste, gather up my muddy cup and faithful pups and head in for more java. My movements were as scattered and random as the flight of a butterfly. Moral of the story (as the soap opera music swells)....progress is not always a straight path...and can be measured by the piles of weeds and poop you gather and dispose of. Mission accomplished.

No comments: