Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Company

Two out of three of our resident dogs must have been WalMart Greeters in another lifetime. Not your basic WalMart Greeter either. We're talking wiggle their butt off, do the happy dance, "look Mom we have company", boy howdy they are here to see me, ain't life grand greeters.

The third pup in residence is a remedial learner, but we love her anyway. It's not that she doesn't have good examples to follow. The fact that she resides under my desk or in her crate definitely factors in. If company does come when she's outside her mission is to break the sound barrier to get inside as quickly as possible.

Not all of us are extroverts. Some reserve judgement routinely. Some, like Mick and Hank never met anyone who wasn't a friend. They make friends before you even say hello. They anticipate the good and get it back in spades. Perhaps it's all in the company we keep. I love my little introvert and my social extroverts. I learn from both approaches to life.

I do draw the line at standing on the driveway and wagging my butt off when company comes. I'm no less excited than they are, but just not cute enough to pull that off. Their enthusiasm is contagious. Ya gotta love that.

No comments: