Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Talk Nice

Funny how slow we are to talk nice. It's so much easier to dish the dirt on someone. How many of us would love to have their spouse, boss, friend, brother, sister, neighbor say something nice to them? Some of us are lucky in that regard, just as some of us are starving for affirmation.

My challenge for you. Say something nice to someone. Better yet, let me know the response you got. I haven't mentioned lately - but I love comments on my blog. I can only hope you learn from, laugh, appreciate more, or love more deeply from something I have written.

If I make even a tiny difference it's a good thing. If you rethink how you feel about yourself, your attitude or your life I've done good. If you find a greater joy in your pets, all the better. If you are moved to adopt a rescue dog or foster then I'll do back flips. Well, not physically, because that would result in traction for my back.

If you can't adopt, or foster - many rescues have a "virtual foster" option. Say you have some expendable income (lucky you!) and want to help a foster home with medical, food, or just some fun toys for the pups. You can help in that way. Isn't that nice?

So, talk nice. In that way we both make a difference.

No comments: