Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gordon and Nancy's Excellent Adventure

So perhaps I've been dragging my feet some on this excellent adventure business. Most of you know it's been a big year, new jobs, marriage, moving, trying to sell a house. Lots of stressful challenges for us. It's time for me to embrace change, ask for help, and trust in an unknown outcome.

From here on out it's been renamed. G&N's Excellent Adventure. Positive thinking and all that jazz! It's very much like fostering. You don't know what your going to get, but you have to expect the best.

Our dilemma right now is housing. We need some rental property, or we need to win the lottery. Or we need a cash buyer for my house. It could happen! So I'm going to network right here and now. Do you know anyone in the Grand Island, NE area with rental property that accepts medium sized dogs?? If I dissected them into 10lb doggies we might be okay. I wouldn't do that, so Hank and Mick you can put the defibrillator away.

The dogs can provide references. I will even get references that aren't totally biased. I don't think the dogs understand this excellent adventure we are em'bark'ing on. If they did they'd be praying their little tails off.

Now, I hesitate to say it, but I have a plan "B" if we can't find housing that will take the dogs. They can stay temporarily here, with a family member. But I think it might break my heart. Excellent adventures aren't so much fun with a broken heart.

So, if you know anyone in Grand Island, have a business associate, a former business associate, a friend, an old friend, or the desire to buy property in the area and rent it to a lovely professional couple with good dogs. Now is the time. You too can partake in our Excellent Adventure.

No comments: