Thursday, September 29, 2011

House and Home

This is going to sound funny, but I have some things to say to my house and home. First of all house - I love you. You have been very, very good to me. I love your rooms and halls, the fireplace, the garden, the laughter.

The new carpet and windows are the best, and paint, oh you look so pretty. You have been safe day in and out, and crazy too thanks to my kids and the multitude of paws that have run through here.

If you could tell stories you'd have some whoppers!! Nope, I'm not going to go into details! You got me through the early times of my divorce and the last years my kids lived at home. I know my one son wasn't impressed with you. He said you weren't a good party house. But, I beg to differ! You went through my empty nest days and into my newlywed days.

You've seen our struggles and our successes. If houses could cry I'm sure mine would have. If houses could laughed mine would have wet itself. If houses could roll eyes it would have each time a new dog came to reside here. If houses could self-clean like ovens I'd adore it even more!

And I know too, that there are house that are simply houses and houses that are homes. The difference being the investment of self into it. Just like the Beatles said, "And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make.

House, I shall miss you. Home, I won't leave you behind.

No comments: